2012 has been a whirlwind year for me with regards to both modelling and journalism and as it draws to an end I'd like on reflect and thank all the people I've had the pleasure of meeting and working with.
It all started with uploading a profile to a popular casting site and suddenly I went from that to having three shoots in one week at one point, something I'd hadn't envisaged. However 2012 has brought me into contact with some of the most friendly, aspirational and creative people I've had the pleasure of meeting, here are some highlights.
- Modelling for ESSKA, a London urban footwear brand. We spent the day in and around Primose Hill shooting for the S/S 13 lookbook. It was lovely to work with talented photographer Natalie J Watts and the lovely MUA Chloe Olivia Hiskett.
- Modelling for GEMMA LAND's ' The Heart Of The Blossom' scarf collection.
- Modelling for Nobuyuki Taguchi, a Japanese photographer specialising in fine art photography. I had a lot of fun experimenting with extreme hairstyles and impromptu hair accessories i.e cabbage!
- Modelling the designs of a candidate going up for Dazed and Confused magazine's 'Spirit of Toughness Award'.
- Working on the lookbook for my dear friend Steven Alley's brand ALLEY CLOTHING.
- Working with Ravensbourne university students to create a campaign for River Island based on their fashion designs. See Video Here
This year I also had the pleasure of scribing again for CLASH magazine and LIVE magazine. Covering Hop Farm Festival at which I got to see Bob Dylan at his only UK date this year, SW4 Festival, Bestival and Freeze Festival!
2013 is shaping up to be a year of continued and greater success for both myself and many budding creatives in the industry and I'm very much looking forward to it. I just want to thank everyone that has worked with me, supported me and encouraged me without you I wouldn't have been able to experience all that I have this year and blossomed in my self.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!