nav

Image Map

Friday 22 February 2013

To Love Kuvaa


Another modelling job, another lookbook! This time it was for FashAddict brand 'To Love Kuvaa'. So once again I hopped the metropolitan line boarding almost to the very end to meet Pip Wass, Rie Williams and Chloe Hilaire at Liverpool Street and shoot the Spring/Summer lookbook in the middle of a bitterly cold English winter! 

After a browse of the twee feminine pieces I'd be modelling, Chloe quickly set to work on my hair and makeup and did an amazing job I might add. All three girls at currently studying their vocations and qualifications at the London College Of Fashion. Just when you think you've mastered make up you meet scores of MUAs who have the midas touch and can transform your look way beyond your own (or my own to be frank) ability. Chloe put curls and waves in before back brushing my locks to create some admirable volume. And painted a picture of girly perfection onto ma visage using a pink lipstick, defining eyeliner and a soft silvery eyeshadow. 
As you can see from the above picture I was a slightly disgruntled with shooting in such little clothing in the freezing cold but its a skill I'm honing even it does result in a terrible cold. Rie and Chloe were absolutely lovely and really helpful though, buying me a cuppa, following me around with my coat between shots and running me over with a hairdryer each time we got back to base. You also couldn't ask for a more attentive MUA, whenever there was a flyaway or a little more of this or that had to be sorted Miss Hilaire was right there at the scene of the crime. As was Rie, the stylist who tended to every pinning needed and ensured the clothes sat right between poses. 

Here are just a few of the end results:





Of course I haven't forgotten upcoming photographer Pip Wass, who I discovered is also from the shire (Thats Buckinghamshire, Darling!) yet another 'Its a small world' frequent occurrences. Doing my research prior to the shoot I was delighted to see that Pip has already developed her own style. One of dreamy muted colours and pastels colours. Pip has a well trained eye on what looks good from behind the lens and with all of collective efforts I'm glad to have achieved some great shots that I hope will please the designer and everyone who comes across them!

Links: Pip Wass  Chloe Hilaire Rie Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment